Saturday, May 7, 2011

Previously in ...[insert your favourite chill out place]....


Haha! I am very very much a social retard I have to google and lookup whether I was having a friendly banter or an argument. I think it was an argument. But nahh, if it's meant to be, it's meant to be.

To those who are curious enough (including myself) I am going to write about what I've been up to these days. I will feel at ease when I jot these things down. And when I'm calmed and relaxed, spotting opportunities to improve myself is not a very difficult thing to do.

I graduated on January 2010, gotten myself placings in few notable universities in Melbourne and Cardiff, but because of financial constraints and my curiosity to experience the working life, I let go of the placings and started working at few different places - each with different skills and knowledge set to learn.

I learnt that there are many business opportunities available. But they might not be a thing for me because I am very much raw and lacklustre of personality. I realize, being self-conscious like I usually am, that I can't really blend in with the crowd because my interests doesn't really set with the majority of people. So instead of pretending to be someone I'm not, I prefer to just sit back, relax at home and enjoy the company of people who really knows and appreciates me well.

I also learnt how to hastily sponge in new information and apply it in my work to create a masterpiece. Imagine someone with no IT background (you can count editing html or codings in Myspace out) like me to create:
  1. A soundtrack for cheerleading with sound effects and nice blending of different songs (like remix songs) with a program called WaveEditor for a PR and consulation company
  2. Presentation slides that impress audience and potential clients using SlideMaster and modification of SmartArt and many other attractive details
  3. Excel sheet with functions that are smart enough to calculate and analyze complex information as the clients want them to with convincing bars and charts as well
  4. And most recently and still ongoing, a pilot database for a private airline with complex VBA codings and macros that runs like a final year project of an Information System and Computer Applications student - according to my colleagues with IT diploma - in 3 months

All of that in almost 1.5 years. I learnt a lot. Alhamdulillah.

If I don't work, I think I'll end up depressed because of
  • no money
  • no challenge
  • feeling of uselessness
Apart from that, I learnt soft skills such as time management. Seriously! How else would you explain to me why I don't spend time (as much as I used to back in the days) anymore to lepak at mamaks? To do all of what I love to do and still go lepak is stretching my energy too far. And the work that I usually do requires my brain to have sufficient rest to avoid brain drain and sudden stop of enthusiasm. So what do I do with my time then? I work, play music, hang with loved ones and spend time on my own - sleeping, grooming, eating etc.

Alhamdulillah. Alhamdulillah.

After writing all that down, I feel more at ease now and I know what to do next. I need to get some sleep and prepare myself for another adventure tomorrow with my favourite guy. Everything seems to be looking up lately. Unsure whether the stumbles that just happened recently will subside but will keep a positive hope that whatever happens is for a reason. You just have to have faith that Allah is there to guide you and keep asking for it. Say your prayers, keep your cool, and appreciate. Amin.

Till next time. Much love.


No comments:

Post a Comment