Thursday, June 9, 2011

Long Way To Go

I'm reminiscing the time when I first saw the Guy. :) He was singing a reggae piece at a mutual friend's barbecue. Funny thing is, I was the keyboardist of the band that time and I didn't even know his name. Haha. My involvement with that side of the circle has benefited me some experience in music, friendship, and brotherhood. I didn't realize that the Guy had his eyes on me long before that barbecue. Added me up on facebook but typically me, decided to ignore people I don't recognize unless their mutual friends are above 10 people. It was only after about 6 months rotting in the long list of friend request that I finally approved of The Guy! Haha.

He was ending a relationship with his long time girlfriend, I was struggling to end a relationship with an emotionally abusive working partner. The timing was perfect, like God has intended each of us to have our hearts broken and toughen up, I decided to break the habit and came open with the concept of nobody's gonna look out for myself but me. Took a leap of faith and I opened up to him as honest as I can be. No more hiding, no more lies. As honest as I am to him, to my surprise and pleasure, he did the same too. He told me of his downfall in the past, revelation and comeback, and we found ourselves pleased to find that we're both looking for the same thing - something solid from the start. And with no masks on, we proceed and pledged to be as we are today.

Even though I wanted to be strongest as I can be, there will always be a soft side in me that can break down when it comes to what really matters. And though I struggle to understand why - besides how he has accepted me as I am - my flaws, my weaknesses, my past - I just love him so and hope for this to go on for a very very very long time. :')

Good night readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment