Saturday, May 28, 2011

Moving On To The Next Step

It's those little things that makes you reflect and say "Wow, I've done a lot back then."

I did quite a few odd jobs before I even started thinking of having a career. Along the way I found and grew up to my own way and my own path. My taste in relationships - lovers and friends - have been tried and tested as well throughout the years in my secondary school towards the end of my college years.

With so many misadventures, twists, headaches and heartaches, I found that I had to experience all of that anyway to finally put my feet on the ground and stand up for what is right for myself and the values that can instil more respect, trust and love towards the people I love and towards myself.

My mom pointed out a paragraph in a Yahoo article this morning of one of my favourite female icons, Michelle Obama:

Advice for women on relationships with spouses and with each other: "Do not bring people in your life who weigh you down. And trust your instincts ... good relationships feel good. They feel right. They don't hurt. They're not painful. That's not just with somebody you want to marry, but it's with the friends that you choose. It's with the people you surround yourselves with. And that's just as important as the school that you choose. Who's in your life, and do you respect them, and do they respect you? And are you respecting them. Right?

"And we as women in particular—and this is such an important message—starting today, you all have to be supportive of each other. You can't be jealous, and push and trip, you know? It's hard enough."

And I couldn't agree more. For the past few years, my influence towards the people I know differ very much from one another - you'll never really know a person until you live with them and go through the hunger, the lack of sleep and the dirt together. What I thought as a sign of respect, ended up as a fuel for some unknown hate and anger; but for others, it feels nice to see each other after a long break. You see things like this happens in life and fortunately, it's not the end of my life.

Letting it go bit by bit. Occasional tears might well up but at the end of it, I've had pretty good times indeed.

Thriving to be different and to start moving on, I think this time around I'm making one of those choices that will change my life forever - and I'm ready to commit to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment